Sunday, November 25, 2012

Holiday Greetings

Hello Fellow San Diego STCers!


Well, 2012 is almost over...most of us are finishing off turkey leftovers and some of us have braved the shopping madness of the Thanksgiving Weekend sales. If you're like me, you're moving into the Holiday mood with a little trepidation and a lot of angst! Well, there's nothing we can do but embrace it. It comes, whether we're ready or not!

This year I am again hosting the STC-SD Holiday Party at my home. I hope all of you can make it. It's usually a low-key affair with good food, good conversation, and a lot of gratitude for the year almost over and a chapter that's thriving among the tough economics of our current times.  It's a good thing to share smiles and stories with others who share our profession and having this opportunity at the close of the calendar year is an opportunity that we have all learned to treasure.

This year, unlike two years ago (the last time I hosted), I know of more folks getting jobs than losing them and my own outlook on the profession of technical communication is at a comfortable place. The picture you see above is the little tree I had in my home last year...and although I know that not everyone celebrates Christmas, we do all celebrate the Holiday Season and the end of the year and the beginning of a new one...along with all the joys and challenges each year brings to us.

I look forward to sharing my home, my thoughts, and my big goofy dog with all of you on 15 December 2012. Please make time to drop by for some Holiday Cheer and let's bring in the New Year with one another. We have the luxury of being in a profession that helps others understand complex messages...let's celebrate how great we are at doing that with others who truly understand the passion we have.

It's great to be a technical communication professional. It has been good for me and I bet it's been good for you! Let's enter the new year with hope, joy, conversation, and one another!

I hope to see you here!  Check out www.stc-sd.org for details of the party!

Many blessings,
Linda Oestreich
STC Fellow
STC-SD Member

No comments:

Post a Comment